To identify HWCOE requirements for managed disk encryption on UF-owned laptops.
Applies to all UF-owned laptops within the HWCOE.
- Laptops must have full-disk encryption enabled that meets UF’s Mobile Computing and Storage Devices Policy and Standard.
- HWCOE will achieve compliance to UF’s Mobile Computing and Storage Devices Policy on laptops by requiring the encryption management and reporting tools provided in the UF Endpoint management (UFEM) suite.
- Encryption status on laptops must be audited by Unit IT regularly.
- UF-owned laptops not capable of using UFEM tools, or another approved method, for encryption management must complete a risk assessment according to the UF Integrated Risk Management (IRM) framework.
- UFIT will provide a suitable product that meets or exceeds UF requirements as part of its UF Endpoint Management (UFEM) suite.
- The College IT Director will provide Unit IT a monthly encryption compliance report for auditing purposes.
- Unit IT will support UFEM on UF-owned laptops in their unit.
- HWCOE employees assigned a UF-owned laptop will work with Unit IT to ensure UFEM is installed for encryption management and will not uninstall, turn-off, decrypt, or, otherwise, disable it.
- UF’s Mobile Computing and Storage Devices Policy and Standard (available at https://it.ufl.edu/it-policies)
- UF Endpoint Management (UFEM) – https://it.ufl.edu/ufem/